In the brief video clip, Cruz is speaking to someone off-camera about what he wants in his future. So far, the video has been over 100,000 times on Twitter.

The video was reportedly filmed at Second Baptist School in Houston, Texas in 1988 and shows Cruz wearing jeans and a tucked-in shirt while sitting by a fountain.

The video was posted by Toby Morton, a comedy writer and writer of GOP sycophant websites, according to his Twitter bio.

Morton shared the video along with a link to a website. The home page of the site, thetedcruz.com, accused Cruz of being a sycophant, seditionist and accomplice to murder and indicated the site would be "launching soon."

New sycophant website for this seditionist coward. https://t.co/Xf9Dmok1wL pic.twitter.com/UVyc3eu5IZ

— Toby Morton (@tobymorton) July 6, 2022
Definition of Sycophant:

Someone who praises powerful or rich people in a way that is not sincere, usually in order to get

some advantage from them:

Example: 
The prime minister is surrounded by sycophants.

He is enabled by low-life sycophants who thrill in being around his celebrity.

In what appears to be a joke, Cruz said in the video he wants to take over the world and have money and power.

Off-camera Cruz is asked: "What are your aspirations?"

"Aspirations? Is that like sweat on my butt?" Cruz replied. "No, no, oh I see, what you want me to do, what I want to do in life."

"Well, my aspiration is to, uh, oh I don't know, be in a teen t*t film like that guy who played Horatio. You know he was in Malibu Bikini Beach Shop," Cruz said in reference to the 1986 movie, the Malibu Bikini Shop.

"Well, other than that, take over the world, world domination, you know, rule everything. Rich, powerful, that sort of stuff," Cruz continued."

The video then cut to Rafael Cruz, Cruz's father, and asked him if it was crazy to think Cruz will one day rule the world. While laughing, Cruz's father replied "I hope not."

While the video has gone viral on Twitter this month, it is not the first time it has been posted. In 2016, the video was being circulated on the internet ahead of Cruz's presidential run.

The clip was originally posted on YouTube under the name Young Ted Cruz. The channel owner spoke to Politico and said that the video was provided by a high school classmate of Cruz's who wished to remain anonymous.

When asked about the video, Rick Tyler,a spokesman for Cruz's presidential campaign at the time, said "Good to see he's always had a great sense of humor."

In January, Ted Cruz hinted that he would consider running for president again in 2024, according to a Mail Online report.

Cruz said he would consider running if it was clear former President Donald Trump was not running.

"The race in 24 will very much hinge on whatever President Trump decides to do," Cruz told NBC News on January 31. "President Trump is going to make his decision whether or not he runs, nobody else is going to make that decision for him. I expect that everyone will react accordingly when he does make that decision."

Newsweek has reached out to Ted Cruz for comment.